Posted: March 15, 2023
Beds with storage are a great option for anyone living in Hong Kong, where space is at a premium. With many apartments and homes in the city being quite small, storage solutions can be a challenge. Beds with built-in storage provide a practical solution for those looking to maximize their space and keep their bedrooms tidy and organized.
There are a few different types of beds with storage available in Hong Kong. Let's take a look at some of the most popular options:
Platform beds with drawers: Platform beds are a popular choice in Hong Kong due to their sleek and modern design. Some platform beds come with built-in drawers, which are great for storing clothes, bedding, and other items. These beds often have a low profile, which can make a small bedroom look more spacious.
Ottoman beds: Ottoman beds are another popular choice in Hong Kong. These beds have a hydraulic mechanism that lifts the mattress up to reveal a storage compartment underneath.
Posted: March 15, 2023
Hong Kong has a rich history of furniture design, influenced by a variety of cultural and social factors. From traditional Chinese furniture to contemporary designs, Hong Kong's furniture industry has evolved significantly over time.
Historically, furniture design in Hong Kong was heavily influenced by traditional Chinese culture. Classic furniture pieces such as the "Ming Chair" and "Opium Bed" were popular designs in the early 20th century. These furniture pieces were often made from hardwood and featured intricate carvings and inlaid designs.
During the mid-20th century, Hong Kong experienced a wave of industrialization that brought new materials and techniques into furniture design. The use of plastic, metal, and glass became more popular, and furniture makers began experimenting with new shapes and styles.
In the 1980s, Hong Kong's furniture industry saw a shift towards more functional and practical designs. This was partly due to the city's limited living space
Posted: March 02, 2023
Feng Shui is a Chinese philosophical system that aims to harmonize people with their surroundings. The term "Feng Shui" literally translates to "wind-water" in English, and it refers to the natural elements that flow around us and affect our environment.
Feng Shui is based on the idea that the placement and arrangement of objects within a space can affect the energy, or "chi," within that space. By organizing your home in a way that aligns with the principles of Feng Shui, you can create a more balanced, harmonious environment that promotes positive energy flow and supports your well-being.
Here are some tips for incorporating Feng Shui into your home:
Clear the Clutter: The first step in implementing Feng Shui is to declutter your home. Clutter creates stagnant energy and blocks the flow of chi, so removing unnecessary items and organizing your space is key to creating a harmonious environment.
Use the Bagua: The Bagua is a Feng
Posted: February 09, 2023
There are many creative ways to add storage to your home:
- Use multi-functional furniture: Choose furniture pieces that have built-in storage, such as ottomans with hinged lids, coffee tables with drawers, and sofas with storage underneath.
- Utilise wall space: Install shelves, hooks, and other wall-mounted storage solutions to make use of empty wall space.
- Under-utilised areas: Look for under-utilised areas in your home, such as the space under your stairs or above kitchen cabinets, and consider adding storage there.
- Hidden storage: Add storage that is hidden from views, such as storage ottomans or storage beds with lift-up mattress bases. We have several beds with built-in storage for your consideration. Take a look here.
- Baskets and bins: Use baskets and bins to store smaller
Posted: February 05, 2023
When decorating a Hong Kong apartment, it is essential to keep in mind the limited space and the need for multi-functional furniture. Here are a few tips:
- Use light colours: Light colours can help make a small space feel larger and more open.
- Utilise vertical space: Make use of wall space by hanging shelves or installing floating cabinets.
- Multi-functional furniture: Consider purchasing furniture that serves multiple purposes, such as a storage ottoman or a bed with built-in storage.
- Mirrors: Mirrors can also help to make a small space feel bigger by reflecting light and creating the illusion of more space.
- Maximise natural light: Take advantage of natural light by keeping window coverings minimal and keeping windows clean.
- Use Space-saving solutions:
Posted: January 16, 2023
Renovating a Hong Kong apartment can be a challenging but rewarding process. Here are a few things to consider when planning a renovation in a Hong Kong apartment:
- Budget: Determine your budget and plan your renovations accordingly. Keep in mind that renovations in Hong Kong can be expensive due to high labour and material costs.
- Building regulations: Make sure to familiarise yourself with the building regulations in Hong Kong, as there may be specific rules and restrictions on renovations.
- Space constraints: Hong Kong apartments are often smaller than those in other cities, so it is important to make the most of the available space. Consider using multi-functional furniture and storage solutions to maximise the available space. Custom furniture is a great solution for this.
- Hiring a contractor: It is a good idea to hire a reputable
Posted: January 16, 2023
There are several factors to consider when choosing the best material for a sofa in Hong Kong, including durability, comfort, maintenance, and style. Here are some popular materials that are commonly used for sofas:
- Leather: Leather is a popular choice for sofas due to its durability and classic style. It is a good option for those who are looking for a sofa that will last for many years. However, leather can be expensive and requires specific care to maintain its quality.
Posted: January 04, 2023
There are several ways you can make your home more welcoming:
- Add personal touches: Display personal items such as family photos, artwork, and collections to give your home a warm, personalised feel.
- Create a warm and inviting entryway: A well-decorated entryway can set the tone for the rest of your home. Add a welcoming mat, some potted plants, and some seating to create a warm and inviting space.
- Make use of lighting: Good lighting can make a big difference in the atmosphere of your home. Use a mix of ambient, task, and accent lighting to create a warm and welcoming feel.
- Bring in natural elements: Adding plants, flowers, and other natural elements can bring life and warmth to your home.
- Add some comfort: Invest in comfortable furniture and cosy throw blankets and pillows to create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.
- Make it smell good:
Posted: January 04, 2023
The colour of a room can have a big impact on the overall feeling and atmosphere of the space. Different colours can evoke different emotions and create different visual effects, so it is important to choose a colour scheme that fits the intended mood and function of the room.
Here are some ways that room colours can affect the space:
- Bright colours: Bright, vibrant colours can make a room feel lively and energetic. They can also make a small space feel larger and more open.
- Neutral colours: Neutral colours such as white, beige, and grey can make a room feel calm and serene. They can also make a space feel larger and more open.
- Dark colours: Dark colours such as deep red, navy blue, and dark green can make a room feel cosy and intimate. They can also make a space feel smaller and more enclosed.
- Warm colours: Warm colours such as red, yellow, and orange can make a room
Posted: January 04, 2023Categories: Custom Furniture
There are several things to consider when building a custom bed:
- Size: Make sure to measure the space where you plan to put the bed and consider the size of the bed in relation to the room. You'll also want to consider the size of the bed in relation to your own height and the height of anyone else who will be using the bed.
- Comfort: Consider the type of mattress you will be using and the level of comfort you want. You'll also want to think about the type of bed frame that will provide the best support for the mattress and your body.
- Style: Choose a style that fits your personal taste and the overall decor of the room.
- Materials: Consider the type of materials you want to use for the bed frame and headboard. Wood, metal, and upholstery are all popular options.
- Durability: Think about the intended use of the bed and choose