Posted: April 27, 2023
Hong Kong is known for its vibrant and eclectic style, and the furniture trends in the city reflect this diversity. In this blog post, we will explore some of the latest furniture trends in Hong Kong and how you can incorporate them into your home.
Minimalist and functional furniture
With space being at a premium in Hong Kong, minimalist and functional furniture has become increasingly popular. These designs often feature clean lines and multifunctional pieces, such as sofas that can convert into beds, or coffee tables with built-in storage. These pieces allow Hong Kong residents to make the most of their limited living spaces.
Posted: March 02, 2023
Feng Shui is a Chinese philosophical system that aims to harmonize people with their surroundings. The term "Feng Shui" literally translates to "wind-water" in English, and it refers to the natural elements that flow around us and affect our environment.
Feng Shui is based on the idea that the placement and arrangement of objects within a space can affect the energy, or "chi," within that space. By organizing your home in a way that aligns with the principles of Feng Shui, you can create a more balanced, harmonious environment that promotes positive energy flow and supports your well-being.
Here are some tips for incorporating Feng Shui into your home:
Clear the Clutter: The first step in implementing Feng Shui is to declutter your home. Clutter creates stagnant energy and blocks the flow of chi, so removing unnecessary items and organizing your space is key to creating a harmonious environment.
Use the Bagua: The Bagua is a Feng
Posted: February 09, 2023
There are many creative ways to add storage to your home:
- Use multi-functional furniture: Choose furniture pieces that have built-in storage, such as ottomans with hinged lids, coffee tables with drawers, and sofas with storage underneath.
- Utilise wall space: Install shelves, hooks, and other wall-mounted storage solutions to make use of empty wall space.
- Under-utilised areas: Look for under-utilised areas in your home, such as the space under your stairs or above kitchen cabinets, and consider adding storage there.
- Hidden storage: Add storage that is hidden from views, such as storage ottomans or storage beds with lift-up mattress bases. We have several beds with built-in storage for your consideration. Take a look here.
- Baskets and bins: Use baskets and bins to store smaller
Posted: January 16, 2023
Renovating a Hong Kong apartment can be a challenging but rewarding process. Here are a few things to consider when planning a renovation in a Hong Kong apartment:
- Budget: Determine your budget and plan your renovations accordingly. Keep in mind that renovations in Hong Kong can be expensive due to high labour and material costs.
- Building regulations: Make sure to familiarise yourself with the building regulations in Hong Kong, as there may be specific rules and restrictions on renovations.
- Space constraints: Hong Kong apartments are often smaller than those in other cities, so it is important to make the most of the available space. Consider using multi-functional furniture and storage solutions to maximise the available space. Custom furniture is a great solution for this.
- Hiring a contractor: It is a good idea to hire a reputable
Posted: January 04, 2023
There are several ways you can make your home more welcoming:
- Add personal touches: Display personal items such as family photos, artwork, and collections to give your home a warm, personalised feel.
- Create a warm and inviting entryway: A well-decorated entryway can set the tone for the rest of your home. Add a welcoming mat, some potted plants, and some seating to create a warm and inviting space.
- Make use of lighting: Good lighting can make a big difference in the atmosphere of your home. Use a mix of ambient, task, and accent lighting to create a warm and welcoming feel.
- Bring in natural elements: Adding plants, flowers, and other natural elements can bring life and warmth to your home.
- Add some comfort: Invest in comfortable furniture and cosy throw blankets and pillows to create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere.
- Make it smell good:
Posted: January 04, 2023
The colour of a room can have a big impact on the overall feeling and atmosphere of the space. Different colours can evoke different emotions and create different visual effects, so it is important to choose a colour scheme that fits the intended mood and function of the room.
Here are some ways that room colours can affect the space:
- Bright colours: Bright, vibrant colours can make a room feel lively and energetic. They can also make a small space feel larger and more open.
- Neutral colours: Neutral colours such as white, beige, and grey can make a room feel calm and serene. They can also make a space feel larger and more open.
- Dark colours: Dark colours such as deep red, navy blue, and dark green can make a room feel cosy and intimate. They can also make a space feel smaller and more enclosed.
- Warm colours: Warm colours such as red, yellow, and orange can make a room